On May 25, 2011, WordPress 3.1.3 was released to the public. This is a security update for all previous WordPress versions.
For version 3.1.3, the database version (db_version in wp_options) remained at 17516.
To download WordPress 3.1.3, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site’s admin area or visit http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress:
If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:
- New To WordPress – Where to Start
- First Steps With WordPress or Upgrading WordPress Extended
- WordPress Lessons
- Various security hardening by Alexander Concha.
- Taxonomy query hardening by John Lamansky.
- Prevent sniffing out user names of non-authors by using canonical redirects. Props Verónica Valeros.
- Media security fixes by Richard Lundeen of Microsoft, Jesse Ou of Microsoft, and Microsoft Vulnerability Research.
- Improves file upload security on hosts with dangerous security settings.
- Cleans up old WordPress import files if the import does not finish.
- Introduce “clickjacking” protection in modern browsers on admin and login pages.